The Frights of Fiji by Sunayna Prasad
The Frights of Fiji (Alyssa McCarthy's Magical Missions #1)
by Sunayna Prasad
Age category: Middle Grade
A world of magic and adventure awaits…
Sent to live with her strict, aloof, and uncaring uncle after her parents are killed in a car accident, twelve-year-old orphan Alyssa McCarthy longs for the life she used to have—one filled with fun and love. Then one stormy night, a message appears in the raindrops on the window that will change everything.
"Your life will never be the same again, as magic will interfere."
Before long, Alyssa is kidnapped by Master Beau, a banished sorcerer with a mysterious connection to her who can only regain his power by weakening hers. Suddenly hurled into a world of wizardry filled with fantastical beasts and marvelous technology beyond her wildest imagination, Alyssa must defeat Master Beau if she ever wants to get home again. But Master Beau will stop at nothing, including using Alyssa’s friends, to ensure he is triumphant.
Originally titled "From Frights to Flaws", this story is the exciting and enchanting first book in the "Magical Missions" series.
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/42438477-the-frights-of-fiji
- Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/books/the-frights-of-fiji-alyssa-mccarthy-s-magical-missions-book-1-by-sunayna-prasad
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Frights-Alyssa-McCarthys-Magical-Missions-ebook/dp/B07HXMJ6GB/
- B&N: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-frights-of-fiji-sunayna-prasad/1131319822
- Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/ebook/the-frights-of-fiji
- Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/The_Frights_of_Fiji?id=oYUFEAAAQBAJ&h
- Apple: https://books.apple.com/us/book/id1460719018
|This blog comes as part of Lola's Blog Tours.|
About the Author:
I have always been passionate about fantasy, especially with a modern twist. I have read bestsellers, like the Harry Potter series, which gave me a lot of inspiration for my books. Movies, especially Disney classics, also inspire the content of my stories.
When I am not writing, I am drawing, cooking, and working out to Disney song videos as well as other visual and entertaining videos.
- Website: https://www.sunaynaprasadbooks.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SunaynaPrasad
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5002639.Sunayna_Prasad
It reminded me some of Series of Unfortunate Events with its start and took on some of the things that make popular fantasy tales work including a banished sorcerer somehow connected to the heroine, cool creatures, and a quest to get home to her godfather, Alex. At times, the story seemed to borrow heavily on “Harry Potterisms” but I know for my kids they love seeing the same tropes played again. There is a tech / sci-fi twist here that kept me engaged as well as Simon, who is likely my favorite character. The ending is a bit open ended, even as the first book in a series. I was given a copy as part of a blog tour. The thoughts and opinions are my own.
Post a Comment